Blog Archive

Sunday 29 September 2013

Di Canio, Mourinho and Wenger: ‘Change’ a hard concept for the ‘unchangeable’


“I may never get the popularity of my footballers, but I’m sure I’ll get the best out of them.” Paulo Di Canio fatefully said at the end of August,

“There are environments when not being popular helps get the best out of players and the results we want. Anyway, I’m never going to change.

One day, I will be one of the top managers.”

The now former Sunderland boss, Di Canio is not alone in his aversion to change, as the likes of Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger have proven over their respective careers; but it is with natural foundations of faith that ensures the line between success and failure in this regard remains a fine one.

Click here to read my article on the comparisons between the three managers, on soccerlens.com

Photo: The Guardian


No comments:

Post a Comment